Help with uploads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with uploads

I have ran VB for years and everything has run smoothly.

My web host had a crash and everything is working fine (after fix) except when users upload avatars

It works fine if a user tries to select an avatar that we have in our avatar section but when they try to upload an avatar from either their computer or a URL – it’s not working.

They are not getting any errors – It’s just not working.

My host has messed with all upload settings – but we can not locate the problem.

Any ideas?

Did you check the permissions on the directory holding the images?
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64
      Did you check the permissions on the directory holding the images?
      Yeah

The images in the directory work fine. It's when a user tries to get on of their own computer or URL image somewhere else - and this always worked in the past.

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
          Thanks Steve - No hacks or portal.

I will fill in the support ticket todau

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X