Seriously unique problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously unique problem

I feel like an idiot for having to post this .... but somehow my status on my forum got changed from Administrator to Moderator, and now I can't seem to get it to revert back. Can anyone help me with this problem please??!

Nevermind ... I guess I'll just wipe it out and re-install everything.

Comment

Now Now, its only been 30 min, please wait at least 12 hours before bumping a post

You can restore your admin user with tools.php found in the do_not_upload folder of your zip file.

Upload this file, tools.php, to your admincp directory, from there use reset administration function to bring yourself back to admin status.

As sooon as you have done this make sure to remove tools.php because it is dangerous.

Comment

Thanks .... and sorry for being a bit .... moody. I just feel like an idiot ... and I wasn't intending to bump the post .... that just kind of happend ... lol

Comment

It happens more often than you think, its not a big deal

Comment

(snicker)

I once banned myself by IP...

Comment

*stiffles a laugh* I got real close to doing that ..... luckily all I managed to do was bump myself down to Moderator ..... *wipes the sweat off his forehead* I don't even want to know how much of a pain it would be to correct banning myself .... lol

Comment

Let's just say that my members STILL give me grief over that, and it happened in 2001....

Comment

You sir are more of a man than I am. There is no way I would have admitted it ..... after all ... I don't have any members that can make fun of me yet .... lol

Comment

Okay, now I feel really stupid .... I've uploaded it, but what am I supposed to do now?

Comment

Browse to the file, yoursite.com/forums/admincp/tools.php

There is a restore admin user function put your username in there

Comment

Thanks so much ..... at least if I ever do it again I have this all printed out so I don't have to bother anyone! lmao

Comment

Now that you're done, remove that file

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X