Clear All

• saxpics
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by saxpics
    Is there any way of disabling this "bump" feature just for polls?
    Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Poll and Thread Rating Options -> Update Thread Last Post on Poll Vote -> No

Leave a comment:

• saxpics
    started a topic Polling Resurrects Old Threads?

Polling Resurrects Old Threads?

I'm actually going to quote from a different thread that does a good idea of explaining the problem:

My users are complaining that "old threads" are being resurrected without any new posts. I explained that this is happening because I selected the option to move threads back to the top when somebody votes in a poll. However, when this option is selected, it causes a problem in the thread list for the forum. In the "Last Post" column the time is updated to reflect the time of the poll vote, but the "by" entry reflects the last actual post. So, in one case from earlier this morning somebody voted in a poll in a thread that hadn't had a post since last June. That moved the thread up (as designed). But the "Last Post" entry on the thread list said "Today by <author of June post>" This mis-attributes the cause of the thread bump and misleads people into thinking that an actual post had been made on that day.
    Is there any way of disabling this "bump" feature just for polls?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X