Resync scheduled tasks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resync scheduled tasks...

AFter a server move, some of my scheduled tasks have a next scheduled date/time that resides in the past and they aren't getting run. What do I do?
    House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

They should still run. That is the condition that must be met for a task to run... when its next run time is >= to the current time.

Try loading a forum page. The tasks are only run when a forum page is loaded.

Comment

Do they have a duplicate entry? i.e. does 'Daily Digest' appear twice, one in the future and one in the past.

If there duplicates, you can delete the old ones.

If there are no duplicates, you can edit the entries to set the next run date/time to the future.
      Lats...

Comment

Or, what Jake said
        Lats...

Comment

That's what I thought, but the task manager reports the curren time as ...

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 AM.

... and the next task is 04-19-2005 11:25 PM. I've refreshed the main page several times and yes $cronimage was never removed so you can rule that out. I did notice that the one marked for 04-19-2005 11:20 PM just ran though...

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
            They should still run. That is the condition that must be met for a task to run... when its next run time is >= to the current time.
            I mean <=.

Comment

Er....is DST in effect right now?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Hm. Date Time config is set right. Right zone, DST is on. Still, the tasks seems to be running an hour behind. Actually slightly longer. Any clue why this may be?

Comment

No idea. If you continue to have problems with tasks not running then you can fill out a support ticket with your forum and server info and we can take a look.

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Comment

Ok. I'm going to bed now. I'll take stock of things tomorrow.

Comment

Something for you guys to look into...

I awoke this morning with items still in the queue from 7:?? PM last night. It never "caught up" until another registered user logged in and started using the site. When I refreshed pages myself it always stayed about one hour and 20 minutes behind. Now it's ok. But I find that scenario very odd. For reconstruction purposes I verified that the board settings were correct and the server time were correct both at the source and destination of the move. The only difference being, about an hour and 20 minutes between source db dump and destination import, which corresponded to the initial delay. Both servers are synced with ntp.

Thanks for assisting, I hope this information is helpful in some way.

Comment

As you have observed, you have to load a forum page to run the tasks. This is by design.

Comment

Working...
                          X