X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Post link?

I currently receive email notification of new posts like this:

Website/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6617

How do I get the forum to send these out to me so they take me to the last post instead of the first? Which template do I need to modify?

Thanks in advance.
    Cult Movie Forums

It should already take you to first new post in the thread:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Search for "notify" in the Phrase Variable Name Only. Edit the matching phrase in the Email Body Text category. Notice how the link includes a newpost parameter:

Code:
    Hello $touser[username],

$bbuserinfo[username] has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - $threadinfo[title] - in the $foruminfo[title] forum of $vboptions[bbtitle].

This thread is located at:
    $vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$threadinfo[threadid]&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    $pagetext

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Yours,
    $vboptions[bbtitle] team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
    $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=usub&t=$threadinfo[threadid]

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
    $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all
    If you have edited this phrase, then you should add that parameter back in so the link points to the first new post in the thread.

...unless you are talking about a different kind of notification email.

Comment

Email Body Text Phrases Containing 'notify'

Here's what I have here:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Dear $touser[username], $bbuserinfo[username] has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - $threadinfo[title] - in the $foruminfo[title_clean] forum of $vboptions[bbtitle]. This thread is located at: $vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$threadinfo[threadid]&goto=newpost Here is the message that has just been posted: *************** $pagetext *************** There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again. All the best, $vboptions[bbtitle] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unsubscription information: To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page: $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=usub&t=$threadinfo[threadid] To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page: $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      When I receive an email notofying me of a new forum post, it does not direct me to the last post:

This thread is located at http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1794

How do I amend the template to do this?
      Cult Movie Forums

Comment

It should do this assuming you have not edited any vB code or templates.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, the emai notifications are pointing to the start of the thread, not the latest post.

Which template do I need to modify in order to get the new post emails pointing to the latest post? I take it that I just need to add '&goto=newpost' to whichever one is applicable.
          Cult Movie Forums

Comment

Emails do not use templates. It should already have the 'newpost' in the email unless you have modified the phrases or installed a different language pack.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

As I said, the emails do not have 'newpost' and I am confused as to why this is. I haven't changed anything as far as I know - where do I need to add it in?
              Cult Movie Forums

Comment

As I said this is a change made to the phrase. Something had to have changed. I would check the notify phrase.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The notify phrase looks correct (as above) but the emails don't have the newpost link. I'm really confused about how to fix this.
                  Cult Movie Forums

Comment

Does notify have any translated phrases? What's the content of that phrase, and what the exact content of these emails?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------$vbphrase[notify]
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Text Dear $touser[username], $bbuserinfo[username] has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - $threadinfo[title] - in the $foruminfo[title_clean] forum of $vboptions[bbtitle]. This thread is located at: $vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$threadinfo[threadid]&goto=newpost Here is the message that has just been posted: *************** $pagetext *************** There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again. All the best, $vboptions[bbtitle] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unsubscription information: To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page: $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=usub&t=$threadinfo[threadid] To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page: $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      sample email notification:

Hello,

mbellishment has just posted in the General Movie Discussion forum of Anchor Bay Entertainment UK under the title of Baise Moi.

This thread is located at http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2862

Here is the message that has just been posted:
                      It's not my issue if the occassional spasmodic event occurs at distant keyboards.
                      Sorry? What you mean?
                      Cult Movie Forums

Comment

That's actually the moderator phrase, not notify. The moderator phrase does not include the 'newpost' by default, but you can add it if you want.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I see - how do I go about adding it?
                          Cult Movie Forums

Comment

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Phrase Manager

To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm completely lost now - what do I need to put into the empty box?
                              Cult Movie Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X