Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

admincp index loading extremely slowly. Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admincp index loading extremely slowly. Ideas?

When I log into AdminCP the left panel loads quickly and I can access all of the subdirectories with absolutely no problems, but while the initial page does initially load, it takes a minimum of 3 or 4 minutes to actually do so.

The same goes for the title bar across the top that provides the link to return to the homepage and communicates any available new versions of vBulletin. In fact it always lists new versions as n/a even when I know they are.

Any ideas?

When you load the Admin CP, your vB contacts our server for the latest version info. What you describe happens when your server cannot access the vbulletin.com server. If you have made no changes to the original vBulletin files (no hacks or modifications) then this is a routing problem on your server. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this from our end. You host will need to find out why your server has trouble accessing version.vbulletin.com.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Steve.

I have vBadvanced installed, but that probably wouldn't cause a problem like that would it?

I'll contact my host and see if they can help me out with it. Thanks again

Comment

No, this has nothiing to do with vBAdvanced. It's a server issue.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X