permissions question - no replys allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• permissions question - no replys allowed

I have a buy-sell forum on my board where I want ro stop registered users from posting replies - so I set permissions so they can't post to other users threads.

Unfortunately they still see the quick reply box, and the "reply" button, and then if clicked, it sends them to the edit box, so they write the reply and hit submit, and the reply does not get posted to the board and they never recieve a message that they are not allowed to post. This is very confusing.

How can I remove the reply features for people who cannot reply?

How can I let them know not to bother trying?

Reply boxes do not show up if the user does not have permission to reply. There must be something wrong with your permissions. Make sure these permissions are set to No for the user's in question:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

- Can Reply to Own Threads
    - Can Reply to Others' Threads

Or I suppose this could also be a style problem. Try creating a new default style to determine this.

Comment

- Can Reply to Own Threads
      - Can Reply to Others' Threads

Maybe the problem is I had it set for Can reply to own threads and Can not reply to Other's threads. Would that be why I saw the edit boxes?

I want the poster to be allowed to follow up with more info. I know they can edit the original.

Comment

Originally posted by OttawaGolf
        Maybe the problem is I had it set for Can reply to own threads and Can not reply to Other's threads. Would that be why I saw the edit boxes?
        Yes, that is why.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X