X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL Errors - Can't find 'threadviews.MYD'

For the last hour, my system has been givign me the following errors:

attachmentviews
    Error: Can't find file: 'threadviews.MYD' (errno: 2)

threadviews
    Error: Can't find file: 'threadviews.MYD' (errno: 2)

"Repair / Optimize Tables" doesn't seem to fix the problem. Can anyone explain to me what is going on? Thanks.

Is your threadviews table present at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Olson
      Is your threadviews table present at all?
      Someone at my service provider "fixed" the table.

However, I just lost over 2 weeks of content. This content was working fine until yesterday so whatever they fixed has severely impacted my website. Is this some sort of indexing problem? Or did they just replace my DB with an old one and kill 2 weeks?

Any insight appreciated.

Comment

Threadviews shouldn't lose content for you. Try doing an "update counters" from AdminCP (Import & Maintenance), "Rebuild Thread Information".

See what that does.

If you DID lose 2 weeks of content, they restored an OLD backup. I'd find another host.

Comment

All that was nessary was to either repiar the table, and if that didn't work, drop and recreate that table.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...98&postcount=4

Comment

I'm having the same problem.

Zachery, if I do as you suggest and drop/recreate the table, will I lose all the thread view data that appears in the forums that shows how many views there have been?

Comment

Thats ohnly temporary data, you might lose an hour or so of views

Comment

That did the trick. Thanks so much for your quick reply! Very much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                  All that was nessary was to either repiar the table, and if that didn't work, drop and recreate that table.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...98&postcount=4
                  For what it's worth... I ran out of disk space tonight and had all sorts of troubles with my database as a result. These two tables were giving me fits and would not repair. By following this technique listed in the link above, it fixed my problems. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholsie
                    For what it's worth... I ran out of disk space tonight and had all sorts of troubles with my database as a result. These two tables were giving me fits and would not repair. By following this technique listed in the link above, it fixed my problems. Thanks guys.
                    I had the same problem...ran out of disk space and caused the exact problem as stated above. (pretty bad since I am the one who determined the available disk space for my webspace on my server!)

Thank you for the info in this thread! It saved me hours of work!

Comment

IMHO, this thread needs to be made sticky. I'm sure lots of people will run into this exact problem if they run out of disk space.

I ran out because of too many backups on the same partition (DOH!), but, it could easily happen to anyone.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X