Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There is not enough free disk space to complete this operation, otherwise you would not be getting error 28.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    error 28 means no disk space on either

1. mysql data partition i.e. /var/lib/mysql or
    2. /tmp
    3. or both

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    There is nothing strange about this.

If you use an ORDER by clause MySQL might decide it wants to create a temporary table/file to store sort results.

You DO have a file problem, either your tmp directory gets full or permissions are incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• etom
    replied
    Invalid SQL:

SELECT pm.*, pmtext.*
    , icon.title AS icontitle, icon.iconpath
    FROM pm AS pm
    LEFT JOIN pmtext AS pmtext ON(pmtext.pmtextid = pm.pmtextid)
    LEFT JOIN icon AS icon ON(icon.iconid = pmtext.iconid)
    WHERE pm.userid=1 AND pm.folderid=0
    ORDER BY pmtext.dateline DESC
    LIMIT 0, 50

mysql error: Got error 28 from table handler
    mysql error number: 1030

There seems to be a real problem somewhere in vBulletin or MySQL!

Suddenly I am getting exactly error (just for my account), but
    - no code changes before that
    - there is enough free disk space
    - tables are ok, manually checked (-r and -o options) many times
    - database restarted etc.
    - it doesn't disappear !

The strange thing: If you remove the ORDER BY clause, the query works !!!
    Thus this seems to be a MySQL-Bug ?!

Please help, it's very annoying if the admin (me) has to read his PM through mysql command line interface

Greetings
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• keenan
    replied
    Lol. You can close this thread... Everything seems to be working okay

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Since you have hacks on your forums and you do not want to restore the original files, you'll need to ask for further help at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    Man, i f I had a nickel for every time I either SAID that, or HEARD it... you know?

Leave a comment:

• keenan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennis Olson
    Honeywell 66/20, HP-2000 series, etc. Stuff that actually required skill, unlike today's hand-holding software that lets any idiot think they're a programmer....

Bottom line: All your protestations aside, you broke it, but are either too obtuse or too stubborn to see that.

LMAO
    But it works fine...? How could I have broken something if I didn't brake it?
    Last edited by keenan; Mon 18 Apr '05, 10:20am.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    Honeywell 66/20, HP-2000 series, etc. Stuff that actually required skill, unlike today's hand-holding software that lets any idiot think they're a programmer....

Bottom line: All your protestations aside, you broke it, but are either too obtuse or too stubborn to see that.

LMAO

Leave a comment:

• keenan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennis Olson
    Nice or not, I've been a programmer for over 30 years. I know when I break something. I know I gotta fix it. Usually, I know approximately where I did it and why. The oldest adage in IT: "you broke it, you fix it." I'm glad to hear your board is up & running, but you get no sympathy from me....

Haha. Let me guess, 30 years ago you were programming on... stone with your chisel and mallet?

95% of the time I know when I've broken something, but the reason I didn't know what was going on is because everything was running fine the night before when I did the work. Besides, all I customized were a few admincp settings

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    Nice or not, I've been a programmer for over 30 years. I know when I break something. I know I gotta fix it. Usually, I know approximately where I did it and why. The oldest adage in IT: "you broke it, you fix it." I'm glad to hear your board is up & running, but you get no sympathy from me....

Leave a comment:

• keenan
    replied
    Well you sure put that nicely. I hope you weren't trying to make a friend with that post because it makes me want to E-slap you

On another note, I just got home from work and everything works fine... The strange thing is I didn't touch it. 'Must have been some server issues. Thanks for the help Steve.. I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    "The only thing I did was..."

Yeah, and you broke it. Dude, if you want support here (as opposed to vB.org), you need to uninstall the hacks. It's apparent that something you did trashed it.

Leave a comment:

• keenan
    replied
    I could do that but the problem is that I've got a large number of hacks installed on my forum and I don't really want to reinstall them :X

The only thing I did last night was made a few changes to init.php, adminpermissions.php, and admincp/index.php

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Do all tables show 'ok'? If so, then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X