Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I stop the "free stuff" spammers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I stop the "free stuff" spammers?

I searched here and couldn't find answers...but lately i've been bombarded by users who register and just post links to "Free ipod" or "Free PSP"...I honeslty think it's a bot of some sort as it just started happening recently and I've had 5-10 new "users" who register and then post a couple of those links. So I guess my question is...Is this a bot of some sort or is it most likely a person?
    Josh Pigford - The Apple Blog

Turn on image verification, ban all free e-mail account domains that you can find, turn on new user moderation.... Not a whole lot you can do about it... There are some other threads on this subject as well.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
      Turn on image verification, ban all free e-mail account domains that you can find, turn on new user moderation.... Not a whole lot you can do about it... There are some other threads on this subject as well.
      I have image verification on...the accounts email addys registered are odd domain names i've never heard of and like i said, I searched but couldn't find similar threads.
      Josh Pigford - The Apple Blog

Comment

Working...
      X