Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -thomas-
    replied
    I have the table threadview in my database but my views are also answers + 1.

There is no data in the table though..

Any ideas guys?

URL: http://forum.chat.no

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Elyk
    replied
    Missing threadviews table was the culprit, replaced it and view counts are now updating after an hour has gone by.

Leave a comment:

• glenmax
    replied
    Hey Elyk,

If I remember correctly, I did a few things, but the optimize tables is what did the trick (I think).

Right after I did that, it starting working again and has not happened since.

Leave a comment:

• Elyk
    replied
    Hi Steve and Dennis,
    Like glenmax I have the same thing, view count always shows +1. Here is the link to my site, http://www.okanaganwatch.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25,

I tried editing includes/init.php from define('NOSHUTDOWNFUNC', false);
    to define('NOSHUTDOWNFUNC', true); but received an error when clicking on any threads, so edited back to define('NOSHUTDOWNFUNC', false);
    error - Database error in vBulletin 3.0.7:

Invalid SQL:
    INSERT INTO vb3_threadviews (threadid)
    VALUES (929)
    mysql error: Table 'vbulletin.vb3_threadviews' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Tuesday 03rd of May 2005 02:10:45 AM

Just checked my database and I am missing tablevb3_threadviews, how do I go about replacing it?

Edited - found by search, added table threadviews so will see if this changes the view count.
    Last edited by Elyk; Mon 2 May '05, 10:24pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Try this. Edit includes/init.php and change:

define('NOSHUTDOWNFUNC', false);

to

define('NOSHUTDOWNFUNC', true);

Let me know if this fixes it.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    Gotta link? I'd like to see it.

Leave a comment:

• glenmax
    replied
    Ok,

Let me restate this...

Since yesterday. If you look at a thread it shows views as replies+1.

That means, if I have a thread with 10 replies the numbers of views will only be 11.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    Normal behavior. Why didn't you notice it before now? The data gets RECALCULATED. The warning means you cannot get the old values back, should you not like the new ones....

EDIT: Wait, are you saying ALL viewcounts on ALL threads are like that? Because that is NOT normal.

EDIT2: On the Rebuild issue - nevermind; I think I'm losing my mind...

Leave a comment:

• glenmax
    started a topic Thread Count Problems

Thread Count Problems

Hey All,

For the last day, we have been seeing funny things. The thread views and replies numbers are all wrong. The views are always 1 number higher then the replies...

I was going to Rebuild the thread info but this message scares me...

Rebuilding statistics will cause the loss of the total forum view and active users data. Only run this if you believe you really need to! Once the data has been replaced there is no way to restoring your database.
    Does that mean we will lose all views and replies numbers? Someone please let me know.

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X