Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i help :(

hi guys

i wanna start my forum from scratch (but dont want to loose posts and members etc

what i mean is when i was new to vbulletin i was always trying to learn how to add new hacks etc and made a few mess ups along the way so my files are a bit messy and have text in some taht are for hacks taht i attempted but never finsihed and i never deleted it all correctly lol

is there and whats the best way to get back to start with fresh files etc but without looseing all my posts, pount counts, members etc

is it by simply updating my forum to 3.0.7? from 3.0.6?

also how do i clear all the queries i ran when i was installing my hacks? cos again ive run queries that i dont need

hope im being clear and any help will be much appreciated

any one?

Comment

Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts.

You will need to contact the authors of the hacks you've installed to find out how to remove any changes these hacks made to your databaase.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok thanks steve and sorry

but im steel in need of an answer for the first part of question

is there any way of saving the posts and members accounts and completly reinstalling vb from scratch, and then some how adding the posts and members accounts again?

many thanks

dean

Comment

The best way to do this would be to install a second copy of vB, then use the Impex system to import the old data. After this, remove the old forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

is this easy to do lol?

is there any documentation on this?

Comment

Originally posted by xtreme-mobile
              is this easy to do lol?

is there any documentation on this?
              Check out the guide...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398
              Lats...

Comment

when i click extreme-mobile.com/forum/install/install.php it just says please ensure have added the values to the config file???

i have done this

any ideas?

Comment

What exactly are you trying to do - install a second copy of vB? If so, then your config.php values are definitely wrong.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

yeh thats it steve, im going to do what you said, install a new board and then inpex the users accounts and post over to the new forum and database

ive cretaed a new data base and added the details in the config file so cant see what ive done wrong

Comment

That error is never wrong. Soomething in your config.php file is not correct.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

sorted now it installed fine just got to try and work out the impex system now

Comment

when uploading the impex files, do i put the upload file into my old forum folder or the one im transfering to?

Comment

You upload the impex files and directories to a subdirectory of yyour forums directoary called 'impex'. Please view the online instructions here:
                            http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

And please read the Importing HOWTO thread:
                            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X