SMTP Authentication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP Authentication

I've searched hi and low for a way to do this. Came across a hack on vbulletin.org, but it didn't work. Here's my problem. I have an IP address that falls in the dial-up range so I can't have my own server. I use godaddy.com's email servers, but their smtp requires authentication. Hence my problem. Is there a good work around for this yet? I've even tried setting up my mail server as a smart host without success.
    This is the only thing preventing me from having a live site.

Thank you in advance!

Originally posted by knobster
    I've searched hi and low for a way to do this. Came across a hack on vbulletin.org, but it didn't work. Here's my problem. I have an IP address that falls in the dial-up range so I can't have my own server. I use godaddy.com's email servers, but their smtp requires authentication. Hence my problem. Is there a good work around for this yet? I've even tried setting up my mail server as a smart host without success.
    This is the only thing preventing me from having a live site.

Thank you in advance!
    Any reason you don't want to try getting a professional host?

Comment

There is no officially supported SMTP authorization in vB at this time. The only thing available is the unsupported hack at vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The next major release will have SMTP authentication support.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          Any reason you don't want to try getting a professional host?
          I like being unprofessional. It's my style. Just kidding. I've thought about that. I may end up going that route. Didn't want to spend that kind of money, but might have to. Would rather have my own email server.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X