French/English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French/English

I have a forum that has a large French category, but most of it's in English.

I've downloaded and installed the French Language pack. No problems there. I got the associated graphics files ... and that's a small problem.

It seems that I have to have a seperate "skin" for French to use these graphics, because I don't want my English-speaking folks to see the French buttons.

How can I copy the default skin, so I can create another skin and then upload the new graphics?

(English please; my French is a bit rusty )

You don't need to duplicate the skin, you can merely create a child skin (Admin CP --> Styles & Templates --> Style Manager --> Add Child Style [This is in drop down of the row of the French style]). Then just go to the StyleVars section and change the image paths to the English buttons.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

That works beautifully.

Is there any way that I can set it that if you choose that style, the board language automagically changes to French?

Comment

Glad that worked. You could probably do this with a quick hack. Try asking for help with this at vBulletin.org.
        Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X