Removing code for certain users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing code for certain users

I want to add a donation button that appears on many pages, but goes away if the person has donated. I know I can set up a sub-usergroup that designates them as Registered users that have also donated, but is there a way to use that "Donator" usergroup/designation as a way to remove the Donation icon so they don't have to see it again if they donate?

thx

This can be done with template conditionals. Here is the online documentation for using template conditionals:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...e_conditionals
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

only seems to work when it is the main usergroup ID i use - what if I want to use an additional usergroup as the condition

Comment

I don't believe there is a condition for secondary groups. I'll ask.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You need to use the is_member_of function

<if condition="is_member_of($var, X)"> for group of X </if>

$var should be $post, $bbuserinfo, and $userinfo. X should be the group you want to check.

Comment

So -

<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, Registered Users)"> for Supporters</if>

sorry if I didn't understand right

Comment

You need to use the groupid IIRC the registered usergroup is 2

so

<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 2)">For users in the registered usergroup</if>

Comment

thx alot - but the sub group I want to hit is called "Supporters" (an additional group under reg's users) - where does that get placed in your conditional - & is there a negative condition, such that every other group but that subgroup sees the Donate image?

Comment

Zach, anyone - so close! How do I use the Supporter subgroup (ID 11)

Comment

Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping a post

So... you want an image to appear in the postbit for any user who is part of that group, but only if the user is not in that group?

Comment

Sorry -

The effect I want is this - to be able to use an additional usergroup (if possible) that doesn't see the donation button - the additional usergroup would be ID11, with their main usergroup as Regeistered User (ID 2). Everyone else does.

How does the conditional get written.

thx

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X