Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Member and admin permission problems....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member and admin permission problems....

I get this when I am signed as the admin, and try to edit admin permissions.:

Sorry, you are not allowed to edit administrator permissions.

I can follow these directions, but SOME of my users get this error too, including another admin:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Any thoughts for the members???

James

For the first problem, you need to enter your userid into this section of the includes/config.php file:

Code:
    // ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
    // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
    // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
    $superadministrators = '';
    For the second problem, what page(s) is generating that error? This is a permission problem, and knowing which pages are generating the error might help me to narrow down the problem.

Comment

That first one I got. The 2 users that are getting this error, are getting it as soon as they log in.

Comment

Make sure the Can View Forum permission is enabled for their primary group:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can View Forum

Comment

Yes, already set up with that permission. What is weird is that it is only two peopel that have that problem, and everyone is in the same group.

Comment

I can take a look if you send me a PM with a URL and admin login to your forum, and the username of one of the users that is having this problem. I also need a link to one of the pages that is generating the permission error.

Comment

I will get this from the member and see just what path he is taking to get that sign in problem and PM you, thanks

N

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X