Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force "No-Shouting" with query?

hi guys,

How do I run a query on the forum database to foruce all caps lets to lower case. I know there is a switch in the admincp, but I have just imported a database from DCForum into VB3 and the uppercase characters are remaining uppercase.

I may be wrong, but the forum software does this on the fly as it's posted.

Hence, you can't change what's already there.
    For all your minimoto needs : www.minimotoclub.com

Comment

Surely there a query I can run on the database?

Originally posted by manguish
      I may be wrong, but the forum software does this on the fly as it's posted.

Hence, you can't change what's already there.

Comment

There's a query to run to turn it on or off.

I'm fairly sure it's done with php within the document that deals with posting the post. Not SQL.
        For all your minimoto needs : www.minimotoclub.com

Comment

Thanks manguish!

Can anyone else point me in the right direct ie. exactly how I can achieve this

Originally posted by manguish
          There's a query to run to turn it on or off.

I'm fairly sure it's done with php within the document that deals with posting the post. Not SQL.

Comment

I know the query to turn ALL caps into lower case, but I don't think that's what you're looking for .

You can search php.net for it, PHP has a function for this, I'm sure.

Comment

Thanks Deaths!

VB team - any ideas?

Originally posted by Deaths
              I know the query to turn ALL caps into lower case, but I don't think that's what you're looking for .

You can search php.net for it, PHP has a function for this, I'm sure.

Comment

I'm not aware of any query or function that will do this. Sorry.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X