Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't type cmd.exe in any post

Here is the wierdest problem.

If anyone tries to type cmd.exe in any post it takes forever to load and then tells them it is an invalid thread.

Its just that phrase.
    cmd.exe

that will cause the issue.

This is most likely an issue with mod_securuity I do believe there is a default rule for blocking any post requests with cmd.exe being contained inside of it.

You should contact your host and ask them if they have mod_security installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      This is most likely an issue with mod_securuity I do believe there is a default rule for blocking any post requests with cmd.exe being contained inside of it.

You should contact your host and ask them if they have mod_security installed.
      I am my own host, I don't think I ever setup mod_security.

Comment

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X