Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Problems to site

Hello Team,

I'm having serious problems with my site.

I managed to carry out a successful upgrade onto my site from SMF to vBulletin. All users and thread were successfully transfered over.

I was in the Admin control pannel and an error message appeared saying there was a problem with the database connection, so I should do a refresh I did that and again the same error message appeared. I then thought ok close down FireFox(browser) and log back in.

However, when I tried going back into the site I saw that the forum was all screwed and it was posting threads from left to right, and it did not look right. I cleared all cookies and cache and tried login into the site again and this time it said that it does not recognise the user name and password, I thought hang on what the f***.

So I tried two user accounts where I know the passwords and now it won't allow me to login in. Now I'm panicking and I suggested a password reset and it now tells me that their is no email account associated with that account. I think what the hell, and so I click on the memberlist to see what users there are and it gives me the error message that 'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.' What the hell is going on?

No hacks have been installed as it was a fresh install. Damn

Anyway, please let me know whats screwed...I do have a backup of the database so in the worse case scenario can do a restore but really would not like to.

Kindest regards,

Hanif

http://www.muslimprofessionals.org.uk/forums
    <Misleading signature removed. Do not do this again!>

It looks to me like all your members are gone.

Comment

Yeah they certainly have gone...surely the site wasnt that bad

Nah I dont know why its screwed...I do remember I was in the Import/Export Utility and I think I clicked on Repair/Optimise database.

Fried Fish Fingers Fatillo

Damn....
      <Misleading signature removed. Do not do this again!>

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment