Trouble while installing a skin & language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble while installing a skin & language

My server is really pissing me off. It cannot handle the request while I install a skin or language. I keep getting the following error.

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in E:\web\rpginsiderc\htdocs\forums\admincp\template.php on line 14
    PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in E:\web\rpginsiderc\htdocs\forums\admincp\language.php on line 14
    Is it because I do not have cPanel? Please help.
    Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon

Your server is timing out. You will need to ask your host to increase the max-execution_time setting in php.ini. I recommend setting this to 90.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Where is php.ini located at? I coudn't search for it in my forums directory. Does the file even exists?
      Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

Comment

Do you have root access to this server? You will not be able to make changes to php.ini withoout that access.

In the Admin CP, click on vBulletin Options and open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then go to your forums and add &do=phpinfo to any page and it will display the phpinfo() page. The location of php.ini will show near the top of this page.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Nope, I don't so I'll have to ask my host, right?

Comment

Yes, only your host can make this change.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Okay then, I guess I'll have to contact him myself. Thanks for your support, Steve, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X