Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar Headings

hello

i run http://forums.eurocca.net and as you can see, we have a lot of calendar entries, which isnt a concern, but what is, i wanted to make the events that are "Official" as a bold heading, and the "Unofficial" events as a standard one.

I wanted to know if there was a way to just do "Heading" in the entry for the calendar for any event we made "Official" so it comes up bold in upcoming events for the month.

Thanks for your time.

p.s. - love the forum software, wouldnt go to anything else ever.

What marks an event as official?

No solutions come to mind, but I don't know how you are representing official events.

Comment

Jake, anything that is run officially by us as an event is classed as official. Anything that other clubs run, that we like to partake in, is unofficial.

Each calendar entry is put in manually, mainly by me, on a when-i-feel-like-doing-it basis.

The only other thing i can think of is that i make another calendar, one for official events, and the other one to take care of everything else, birthdays, unofficial events etc.

The calendar with the official events i would change the template to read a bold heading????

correct me if im wrong?

Comment

Creating a separate calendar might work as a flag. You could probably construct a conditional that checks the calendarid:

Code:
        <if condition="$event[calendarid] == X">

</if>
        That should work in the calendar_monthly_event template. Where X is the calendarid.

Comment

thanks for the prompt help.

if i was to follow thru, would this be able to make the headings bold in the "upcoming events for the next 31 days" section of the front of the forums?

i think that is really what i was trying to get at, sorry.

Comment

Changing the style of specific events in that list would require modifying the index.php file.

Comment

okalidokali then

i guess my question has been answered. Thank u very muchly

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X