• Show
Clear All

• Database error in vBulletin 3.0.7:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.7:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT pm.*, pmtext.*
    , icon.title AS icontitle, icon.iconpath
    FROM pm AS pm
    LEFT JOIN pmtext AS pmtext ON(pmtext.pmtextid = pm.pmtextid)
    LEFT JOIN icon AS icon ON(icon.iconid = pmtext.iconid)
    WHERE pm.userid=1 AND pm.folderid=0
    ORDER BY pmtext.dateline DESC
    LIMIT 0, 50

mysql error: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/mysql/#sql_189f_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2)

mysql error number: 1

Date: Wednesday 06th of April 2005 02:55:30 AM
    Script: http://www.eliteneo.com/private.php?
    Referer: http://www.eliteneo.com/
    Username: Kyle
    IP Address: Removed

When ever somebody goe's to /private.php? they get that error.

What is wrong?

Somebody? This need's to be fixed now.

So much for a support forum

Comment

Another error

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.7:

Invalid SQL:
      SELECT user.username, usergroupid, membergroupids, administrator.*
      FROM administrator AS administrator
      INNER JOIN user AS user USING(userid)
      ORDER BY user.username

mysql error: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/mysql/#sql_189f_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2)

mysql error number: 1

Date: Wednesday 06th of April 2005 05:20:17 AM
      Script: http://www.eliteneo.com/admincp/admi....php?do=modify
      Referer: http://www.eliteneo.com/admincp/index.php?do=nav
      Username: Kyle
      IP Address: Removed

Comment

Originally posted by vBrat
        Somebody? This need's to be fixed now.

So much for a support forum
        Give them some time - bu the looks of your posting time they are probably still in bed.

I would post some more information. Was it working? Did this issue just start? Make any changes? I had a similar issue with being "unable to write" after changing servers and the SERVER FULL PATH changed and I hadn't changed it
        Have you done any editing or made any other changes?

Put that and a Link to your site up and when they have had their morning coffee (or is that tea in the UK? ) the will have hopefully enough information to help you. or at least reduce the number of forum posts it takes to get enough information to give you a fix

Let them know if you have done any hacks or other changes. If you have made any code changes it might be wise to 1) rename the hacked file then 2) replace it with the original from the install pack. If that solves the prolem then you have narrowed it to a coding or template issue. (And if you HAVEN'T modified the file(s) let them know that too)

When troubleshooting, every question should cut the problem in half - anticpate some of the questions even if they ultimately point down the worng path and it will hasten the process

They have a help ticket system also. If you use that first create an ADMIN username and password and put it in the ticked (NOT here in the forum)

I wish I had the answer for you but I am a noob
        Rick Grunwald
        http://grunwalds.com
        XP home SP2, Celeron 2gb, 2GB RAM, Zone Alarm Security Suite

Comment

It was working fine earlier, No errors.

The registered members and other user groups can access the URL's like private.php etc

Administrator usergroup cannot, They get that error.

What is wrong??

Comment

You or your host need to create a /tmp directory on your sever and chmod this to 777. If you do this, you will not get this error.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I created a TMP directory using ftp and chmodded to 777 but no luck

Comment

Do you have root access to this server? That is the only way you could have created this directory since it's a root directory.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm having the same exact problem...I put in TMP in my mysql var directory and chmoded it to 777 as well...I still have same problem.

Comment

That is not the correct palce to put it. Please start a new thread with all the relevant details.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X