Database Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Error

my site in which i am setting up (www.universeofwomen.com) i keep reciving a datasbase error, i wish i could figure out what is causing this as i wish to get the site set up
    Last edited by Peter Stiff; Tue 5 Apr '05, 6:25pm.

Without a look at the error message, no one will be able to help you...

Comment

You have to enter your mail address in the member area in order to get support here .

Comment

The error is:

cannot use database www.universeofwomen.com
        mysql error: Incorrect database name 'www.universeofwomen.com'

It would appear that you have the wrong db name in your config.php file.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok i fixed the datasbase name, but it still doesnt seem to work any other help would be appriciated

Comment

mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'universe_universeofwomen'

Now it seems that that user does not have access to that database.

Comment

what should i theirfore do?

Comment

You should therefore make sure the name/password of the MySQL database user for vB matches what you have in config.php/

Comment

have checked that about 3 times, its an exact match

Comment

try logging on to the MySQL database using that username and password. See it it works.

Comment

it works, but still datasbase error, i am beginning to wonder if it is host related
                      Last edited by Peter Stiff; Wed 6 Apr '05, 12:06pm.

Comment

If YOU can login to your database using the username/password combination, I think there is something wrong with your config.php file.

Comment

do you have any suggestions as to what may cause it?

Comment

It would help if you post the latest error.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
                              Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats the error

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X