Superadmin problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superadmin problem

I have edited my config.php file to allow a few more admins to help me set up the forum structure.

However when he logs in the admincp he only gets options for Annoucments, Moderation and Statitics and logs.

The admincp also takes ages to load, he's been gettin round this by pressin back on the browser twice before the page is fully loaded, i guess this is the problem but the admincp page will not load unless he does the back button trick

Any help guys

Ross

You need to set the appropriate permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions

You may need to make yourself a Super Admin in order to do this. Edit this section of config.php:

// ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
    // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
    // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
    $superadministrators = 'x';

...and replace x with your userid (not user name.)
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply

Ive got my admins ok, the problem its the admincp index gets stuck everytime they log in

So even tho they ARE super admins, the cant accesss the page becouse it gets stuck.

does this happen a lot?

Ross
      Last edited by jaffabuk; Wed 6 Apr '05, 5:49am.

Comment

Does this happen to you?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes, it also happens to me

Comment

When you load the Admin CP, your vB contacts our server for the latest version info. What you describe happens when your server cannot access the vbulletin.com server. If you have made no changes to the original vBulletin files (no hacks or modifications) then this is a routing problem on your server. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this from our end. You host will need to fidn out why your server has trouble accessing version.vbulletin.com.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Exellent, i will get on the case

thanks for your reply

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X