Upgrading to 3.07 & template changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to 3.07 & template changes

I did a trial run through of upgrading my server to make sure it worked properly, the re-added a hack or two in the templates.

Now I want to run through the process live, & backup the latest mysql database so I have the latest info. Can I just import the new mysql db into the board as it (it's now a 3.7 bd), or do I have to do the upgrade on the databases again, since they are 3.03 databases.

If I have to upgrade the databases again, would I have to re-apply the hacks to the templates or do the templates stay unchanged in the upgrade script?

You cannot use a 3.0.3 databaase with 3.0.7 files. You will need top run the upgrade process.

Upgrading will always overwrite any hacks or changes you made to the vB files. However it will not overwrite custom templates. Nonetheless you should seriously consider reverting any updated templates to get the full advantage of all bug fixes and improvements.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thx

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X