Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgraded from phpbb2 to VB3, have some bugs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded from phpbb2 to VB3, have some bugs.

1) It says i've reached my max private messages (shows I have 60) but when I go to view them, it shows I have none? What should I update?

2) I did the importer to get these, and I did the "Rebuild Search Index" but when I use the search function I cannot find any of the posts?

3) Might be more to come as I find them.

1) *fixed via phpmyadmin, pysically editing the MySQL database

2) Still not sure on.

Comment

1. Message in the 'sent' box count againt the total. You sohuld not be manually editing the db like this. You can cause unintended problems.

2. When you rebuilt the search index, did you see it do anything? Check your forums and make sure all of them have this set to 'Yes':

Index New Posts in Search Engine
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

1) Yea, I didnt want to do the manual DB edit, but I saw no other way, and it only effected me so I thought it wouldnt matter much.

2) Yes the forums are all set to "YES" to be indexed. I went and did the update counters and it did some stuff. I re-did it again to see excatly what it says:

Building Search Index Posts Queried

Processing Time: 0.01 (this changes rapidly I have it set to 10 posts per index cycle)

Processing COmplete - Proceed.

Then it will go through LOTS of random stuff, such as Processing: 3350 .. Done / or Querying first post of thread... Done

Lots of those. Then it just goes back to the main screen like it does when it's normal... But I still cannot search for anything on the search page. But it works for the posts that were done for today.

Also, I was having problems with my imported smilies too. The "Imported" smilies wouldnt show up, so I transferred them to "Generic" and they worked just fine....

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X