new random forum bug... cant use at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new random forum bug... cant use at all

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /includes/sessions.php on line 271

out of nowhere..

ok ive been invited into a chat full of people just flaming, basically the gist ive got is they coded a vb spamming prog to halt vb.... so... ideas?

Comment

IIRC that is specific issues related to the language table going bad.

Turn on image and email verification, also turn the time between post up to 30 or 60 seconds.

This should cut down on your spam.

Now also go and repair all of the vB Tables

AdminCP > Import & Maitence > Repair / Optmize tables, check all, continue.

Repeat untill all tables, except cpsession and session report back ok. (thoughs two tables do not support repair.

Comment

not that spam.. i mean mysql socket spam..

You can now register on MPGH!! Federer WINS... WOOOOOT - MORE FEATURES SOON TO COME TO MPGH says:

MYSQL IS A ***** WHEN IT KEEPS GETTING EXPLOITED

hello to u says:

wtf is BUX?

You can now register on MPGH!! Federer WINS... WOOOOOT - MORE FEATURES SOON TO COME TO MPGH says:

YET U DOWN GRADE UR SOFTWARE LIKE A DIP

Comment

I don't think this is a vB issue if they are attacking the mysqld... you should contact your host...

Comment

we own the dedicated server so all problems we need to sort technically , our selves

Comment

Then your first steps will be to install a firewall if you already do not have one, I can suggest APF, and there is an exelent configuration guide for APF on www.webhostgear.com

Then block the MySQL port for external connections.

Comment

any specific way on checking how its beign exploited, say in WHM, cpanel or specific logs?

ta zac.

Comment

Ok , ive done a check and did a fresh test install of vb to see if it was the sql and the test vb works, so i guess is the database, so what is your advice plz?

Comment

APF Firewall is installed and port 3306 (Standard MySQL port) is not listed as an open port, therefore its blocked.

Also BFD, mod_security and log watch is installed as well as other measures.

So they must be getting in another way.

Originally posted by Zachery
                    Then your first steps will be to install a firewall if you already do not have one, I can suggest APF, and there is an exelent configuration guide for APF on www.webhostgear.com

Then block the MySQL port for external connections.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X