is it possible to add in a drop down box in the profile so upon registering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to add in a drop down box in the profile so upon registering

I am doing a Vbulletin installation for a client, and they requested user selectable titles via a drop down box, or radio button. If not, is it possible to force a User Title upon registration?

Is it possible remove the username field, and use the Data from the "first and last name" fields in its place?

I understand that vbulletin will allow custom user titles, but is there a way to allow users to select a user title upon registration? Would this be possible to assign certain groups specific user titles, and allow users to join a group upon registration?

They also would like a profile field that allows for "Hospital Regions querried from a County drop down menu".

Is this possible without heavy modification of the software? Are there other posts, I can reference to get an idea of the changes I need to make, etc?

Originally posted by ArkPrep
    I am doing a Vbulletin installation for a client, and they requested user selectable titles via a drop down box, or radio button. If not, is it possible to force a User Title upon registration?
    You can create a drop down menu with selectable options using a custom profile field:

Admin CP -> User Profile Fields -> Add New User Profile Field

Create a Single-Selection Menu.

See this thread for instructions on how to add a profile field to the postbit (to use as a title in your case).

Upon registration, users are put into the Registered Users group. Their title is the title that is defined in your:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> User Title

Is it possible remove the username field, and use the Data from the "first and last name" fields in its place?
    The username is required to login. If you have a custom profile field for first and last name, then see this thread for instructions on how to add those fields to the postbit.

I understand that vbulletin will allow custom user titles, but is there a way to allow users to select a user title upon registration? Would this be possible to assign certain groups specific user titles, and allow users to join a group upon registration?
    See above. When creating the field, you can select the option to make it show up on registration.

Also see above regarding titles and groups.

To setup a joinable group, create a new group in your:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Add New Usergroup

When creating the new group, enable the Public (Joinable) Custom Usergroups option. Now users will be able to choose to join that group in their:

User CP -> Group Memberships

This is done after registration.

They also would like a profile field that allows for "Hospital Regions querried from a County drop down menu".
    See above about custom profile fields.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X