Moderate threads WITHOUT validation before displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderate threads WITHOUT validation before displayed

I've modified the permissions of my forums in the forum manager so that posts & threads are moderated.(Require moderator validation before new posts are displayed). How do I moderate threads WITHOUT requiring validation before new posts are displayed ???

I still want to moderate ALL threads but not Block them from being posted! Surely this isn't so difficult to set up ??

many thanks

I'm not sure what you are asking?

If you want all threads to be validated before going live, they are not going to appear untill you validate them.

Comment

At first it sounded to me like he was asking for x to be equal to 1 and 0 at the same time...

But I think he's asking for the posts to be displayed, but for them to also be "unvalidated" so that he can use the moderation tools to approve/deny the posts even they are already displayed.

Comment

They are either going to be undisplayed untill vildated or going to be displayed without validation.

Comment

chaeberle understands what I was getting at. I want posts to be displayed but "unvalidated", so that I can later use the validation tools to delete any posts that i consider undesirable.
          The thing is, I cannot sit on my forum all day long waiting to validate peoples posts. I want to be able to visit 2 or 3 times a day - then "validate" any new posts since the last time I visited.
          So maybe I should phrase my question differently:
          How do I allow all new posts to be displayed immediately, and then later find a list of new posts that I can validate ?

many thanks

Comment

You have two options, moderate the posts (they only showup in the admincp and not on the forums untill they are validated) or not moderate the posts (They go live instantly, but of course can still be edited).

Comment

Can I ask how you keep on top of forum moderation if you're away for a long period ? Do you simply rely on the "forum contains new posts" flag to alert you to the presence of new posts ?

Is there a hack for the CP Admin that would do what I'm looking for - i.e. keeps a list of all new posts that you can validate behind the scenes, so as not to let anything slip through, but at the same time allow for live display of posts??

Comment

I personlly have NEVER moderated posts on any of the forums that I run.

If such a post was agasint the rules It would be removed after the fact.

Too much work to keep up with 200-600 new posts a day

Comment

Maybe I'm being over-zealous !! thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by the123d
                    Maybe I'm being over-zealous !! thanks anyway
                    Thats kind of my thought too - don't fix the problem unless you actually already have the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X