Blocking a pesky user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking a pesky user

On my system, there is one user who is causing problems.

I can keep banning him, but he keeps coming back with different identities, and using different email addresses, all at aol.com

However, I can't simply block his IP address, as he is an AOL user, and I find that ALL (?) AOL users come in as 195.93.21.99

Any suggestions for locking him out completely?

Thanks
    Rod

I'll be interested in hearing the solution for the AOL dilemma.

It may be too late for you but I use this

Sheer genius if you ask me, people figure the site is broken and eventually leave...no banning required.
    Shot Talk

Comment

Looks good.... but I seem to have a problem. I can view that forum, (which shows me as not being logged in) and wherever there is a code insert, I see:

Codedisplayerror: (Update license status) You cannot view codes as long as you haven't proven your license status!

Clicking on update license status just gives me the possibility of changing my email address.

Logging in just gives me a username/password error, until I have tried 5 times, and then the usual 15 minute wait. (Yes, and I did try the full customer number and password routine).

I'm confused

Rod

(but not half as much as the AOL users on my forums )

Comment

Uh, where are you seeing this exactly:

Codedisplayerror: (Update license status) You cannot view codes as long as you haven't proven your license status!
        If this is in response to a hack you've installed, then pplease post in the appropriate thread for that hack over at vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am seeing it here

And on that page, it will not let me log in.
          (gives incorrect username/password error)

Thanks
          Rod

Comment

To have access to vbulletin.org you need to enter the email address you used to register at vbulletin.org on this page:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...t_priority.php

There have been some reports that this is case-sensitive so be sure to enter it *exactly* as registered. I have also heard that some people need to enter this email address in all three boxes.

Also please note that this change isn't immediate. It can sometimes take up to an hour before your license status is updated after adding your email address to that page.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X