3.0.5 - I messed up my admincp for an account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0.5 - I messed up my admincp for an account

On the admin account that I use most of the time, I changed around some of the settings (I did this from the primary admin account). Now I changed it all back, or at least I thought I did, but the admin control panel is missing a LOT of options (see pic).

What is the dumb thing that I did to mess this up, and how do I fix it?
    Attached Files

You need to make yourself a Super Admin. Edit this section of config.php:

// ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
    // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
    // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
    $superadministrators = 'x';

...and replace x with your userid (not user name.)
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      You need to make yourself a Super Admin. Edit this section of config.php:

// ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
      // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
      // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
      $superadministrators = 'x';

...and replace x with your userid (not user name.)
      But I wasn't a super admin before I lost these options. The account was set up as an Administrator account and had full options in the admincp, I moved it to the Banned account, then I moved it back to Administrator and ended up losing everything.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaRacing
        But I wasn't a super admin before I lost these options. The account was set up as an Administrator account and had full options in the admincp, I moved it to the Banned account, then I moved it back to Administrator and ended up losing everything.
        That's because administrator options are configured seperatly from usergroups. When you moved it to the banned group, he lost all the granted admin abbilities, so he's got the minimum when you moved him back. A superadmin has to give these abbilties through the users sections of the admincp.

Comment

Originally posted by TCM
          That's because administrator options are configured seperatly from usergroups. When you moved it to the banned group, he lost all the granted admin abbilities, so he's got the minimum when you moved him back. A superadmin has to give these abbilties through the users sections of the admincp.
          So the only way to get them back is to make the account a Super Admin like Steve outlined??

Ok, sounds strange, but I'll do that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X