Missing attachments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing attachments?

We've recently moved our forums to a new server. What we did was simply tar the whole forums directory and place it on the new server in the same location. We then dumped the database and imported it to the new server. I've ran the optimize and rebuilt the thumbnails but in some forums it states "attached images" and the box is empty. The attachments are still in the users profiles but missing from posts.

I first thought it was an issue because the attachments directory was moved but I went into the config and corrected that.

The entire site seems to be working wonderfully and all is well... except some missing images. It also doesn't seem that ALL attachment images are missing either.

Thoughts?

Are the attachments in the file system or database? If file system, have you checked for the missing ones?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It is the filesystem. I don't know where the images can be located. When I look in my profile, say, they're all there... but when I click on one in particular it just displays a while page.

I have re-imported the attachments dir from the old server but this has not fixed the issue. And I can't see to look for individual attachments as it uses an attachment ID # and I dont have a clue what sub-dir it would be in.

But if I access the old server it's there, access the new and it's not. They should have the same attachments dir as I tarred the old one and untarred it on the new server.

Comment

The images are located in whatever directory your established for them. Then locate the subdirectory based on the user ID. For instance for userid 12:

attachments/1/2/
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X