No announcement yet.

is my Search function working properly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is my Search function working properly?

In my forum, if I search on a term, I get a list of threads that contain that term. I do NOT get links to the actual POST that contains that term. It kind of makes the search feature useless the way it currently works. Therefore I figure it's just not configured properly? Is there a setting I need to fix? Thanks

Choose the 'post' option instead of the thread one.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Choose the 'post' option instead of the thread one.
      Under which setting would this be? Thank you.

Comment

Choose Advanced Search and look at 'Show Results As':

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search.php?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So each user will have to do that to get any decent search results? That seems pretty silly. Is there a global setting somewhere I can change that will give them the posts results instead of threads? Thank you.

Comment

vB search has always worked this way. In four years here I've never heard anyone describe this as 'silly'.

Nonetheless I'm sure you can edit the appropriate search template to make 'posts' the default instead of 'threads'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Since upgrading to 3.0.7, but search is acting up, too. I don't know that's I'd call it 'silly', but the returns are different from before the upgrade

Comment

'Acting up' in what way? I suggest starting a new thread for your iissue since it is different from what this thread is about.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                X