Database Error Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Error Emails

I keep getting numerous emails with the following text.

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Saturday 02nd of April 2005 07:48:24 AM
    Script: http://www.webcadets.com/forum/index.php?
    Referer: http://www.webcadets.com/forum/online.php?
    IP Address: **.**.**.***

IP covered for security. All the emails are the same error number just the Script, Referer and IP that change.

Is this anything I have to worry about as my forums still seem to be working, its just random errors like the above.
    Thankyou

Thats nothing to do with vbulletin, its just that it cannot connect to the database for some reason, I'd check with your host to see if they're having a problem with mysql.

Comment

This error means that either:

1) The db info in your config.php file is wrong (in which case your forums won't work at all.)

2) That user doesn't have permission to access the database listed in config.php.

3) The database doesn't exist.

4) MySQL isn't accepting new connections. (The server could either be down or has reached it's maximum connections limit.)

If you are sure your config.php info is correct, then you will need to contact your host about this.

Note, many servers are being probed for the phpBB worm these days and the MySQL server is being overloaded. This could account for these errors.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X