Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boards no longer working...

Hey guys!

Last night a thread on my boards was linked to by a rather large website. Picture a slashdot attack, this is pretty much the same thing. They're running so slow right now I can't even get into the admin control panel.

If I can even get my boards back online, I'll need to know some performance enhancing tricks. What can I disable/enable that will make these things run faster? Also, is there any trick I can do to get myself into the adminCP without the server reaching the maximum execution time? (which is already 45 seconds as it is)

Anything I may be able to do to PHP? I just recently upgraded to 5.0.4, should I be using a diffrent version? Also, this is a windows server, if that makes a diffrence. I'm nothing of a linux guru.

This is already a deticated server with dual xeons and a gig of ram, so tweaking vbulletin or tweaking php itself are really my only two options. I can't afford to get more servers and do a round-robin setup, and a faster server is almost out of the question. (with anything faster than this I might as well get multiples, it might be cheaper )

Thanks in advance!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X