Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - I've been hacked!

ChristianMom.com

What do I do - we had installed the latest patches to vbulletin, someone appears to have hacked into my site. What should I do to try to reinstall - reupload my site?

Thanks!

InterFX

Not really enough info to go on. What was hacked exactly and what is the currrent status of your forums and database?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry,

http://www.christianmom.com

What should I look for first???

Comment

What was the URL to view your forum, do you have the database of the forum?

Also what are the files like on your server, are they there, or have they been deleted..

Comment

I just downloaded the full database, and it appears to still be there... Also looks like they just trashed the index.php files...

There is a file called important.php which appears to be a script which asks for a username/password??? Anyone seen this? How could someone have uploaded a file? Did I miss something in VBulletin???

InterFX

Comment

Which version of vB were your running? Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Since I can't run my site, is there another palce I can find the version number???

Comment

Originally posted by interfx
                Since I can't run my site, is there another palce I can find the version number???
                open one of the php files in an editor and read the header to get your current version
                http://www.virtualinfusion.net
                An Anime and Manga discussion forum.

Comment

It doesn't really matter which version at this point. Just fill out a support ticket so we can help.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X