Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the vBulletin Message Template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the vBulletin Message Template?

I can't seem to figure out where and which template is the one I need to edit to mess with the html of the vBulletin Message table.

I have done the edit to my header and footer so I can have a left column on my forums and all works great until you hit LOG OUT. Some how that vBulletin Message that shows letting you know the cookies have been cleared is breaking my table and slipping in under the left column. My guess is the Message table starts with a < tr> and I need to slip a < table></ table> before and after it but I can't find it.

Anyone able to point me to WHERE/WHICH template has this LOG OUT message table? The page url is /login.php?do=logout&u=1 so it has something to do with the LOGIN.PHP page but still I'm either an idiot or just haven't looked at the correct template yet.

Thanks in advance!

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Add Template Name in HTML Comments

Set to Yes.

Then view source on the page in question to see template names.

DONT FORGET TO TURN IT OFF AGAIN!

Comment

Awesome. Thanks. I'll check that out.

Comment

Script error?

Well, looked at the source code as you suggested. And I noticed the script is messing up and I think this is my problem. its basically killing the line that involves the <table > instead of just making an error.

The problem is in the STANDARD_ERROR template.

<table class="tborder cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="70%" align="center">
        Notice how the the class call of TBORDER only has the " on the left? Instead of being class="tborder" ?
        Thinking that was it, I went and tried to cut it out, save it and then go back and put it back correctly thinking it needed a good reset. NOPE.That's not doing it for some reason. Then I deleted the class call all together and the error occurs again!
        <table cellpadding="4 cellspacing="1" border="0" width="70%" align="center">
        Now its screwing up on the cellpadding! I have no idea how to fix this since its apparently a goof in the script itself. BUT I found a way around it until the mighty vB Team fixes this. It sucks, but it works. Basically I just restated the same line of code and now it all works but has one broken line but it doesn't show when viewing the site so i don't care at the moment.

<table class="tborder cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="70%" align="center">

<table class="tborder" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="70%" align="center">
        So how do I go about notifying the creators of this problem so we all get a script that doesn't have this error because I know I'm not the only one that has experienced this unless my copy is goofed?
        Last edited by MortysTW; Fri 1 Apr '05, 6:01pm.

Comment

You can see it on this page

Check out my source code here http://www.mortystwistedworld.com/fo...?do=logout&u=1

Not sure if that link will work for other people or not.

But when looking at the source, scroll all the way down and then work your way back up until you see this.

<!-- End MortyDance Table --></td>
          <td valign="top" width="100%>
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />

<table class="tborder" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="70%" align="center">
          <tr>
          <td class="tcat">vBulletin Message</td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          You'll see my correction to make it work. Doesn't seem to matter what I do in that error template, it keeps producing that class="tborder instead of class="tborder"

Comment

Working...
          X