X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by the123d
    Also how do you choose to moderate ALL new posts and yet not have them blocked in a validation queue, so that posts go live immediately ?
    This is a contraadiction. You can't have both. You can either moderate all posts, or not. Which do you want?

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    Geez, there's a bunch of things to look at in the vBoptions, as well as in each forum. Someone may have a link to the relevent section of the vB userguide, but since I'm at work, I can't get in to a detailed discussion. Sorry about that. Just know that there ARE settings in the AdminCP that will fix this issue for you.

Leave a comment:

• the123d
    replied
    Err sorry Dennis but not very helpful !
    This doesn't explain why I can no longer post new threads in one of the forums (explaination about queue settings & where to find them ??)
    Also how do you choose to moderate ALL new posts and yet not have them blocked in a validation queue, so that posts go live immediately ?

bit more explaination please ....

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    Moderation is a forum-by-forum setting in the AdminCP

Leave a comment:

• the123d
    started a topic moderating for noobs ?

moderating for noobs ?

Ok - I have a problem with the moderation settings - I'm a beginner so sorry if this seems obvious to others.

I'm testing the forum before going live with it
    In one of the forum categories I can no longer post in anything. I have a total of 6 posts, and all the outstanding posts are queued in the Admin CP under moderation > moderate threads > . Obviously, when I validate the post/thread it appears in the forum !

Under another category of my forum I'm able to continue posting threads without them becoming queued in the CP admin moderation queue !!

I don't want this to happen.

1. I want ALL new threads & posts to be posted immediately in the forum without being queued.
    2. I want to be able to moderate ALL posts. At the moment, the posts in other forum categories are not showing in the moderation queue - I never got to moderate them !!?

I'm obviously missing something here, but this set up seems pretty strange to me? How do I moderate ALL posts while allowing users to post in real time without new posts being queued for validation ?

please help a frustrated newbe !!!!