Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vbulletin 3.0.3 Thread Soft-Deleted to hard-deleted and (more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin 3.0.3 Thread Soft-Deleted to hard-deleted and (more)

Need some clarification or help on this. Did some searching on the forums here and found little conclusive evidence whether this is a bug or a feature

I created a new thread and my partner soft-deleted the thread with a comment a day later. Also note, we use a mod from Vbulletin.org that displays threads on non-vb pages. This should have little relevance to my problem. Read on.

Weeks later I decided to physically delete (hard-delete) the thread since it was now determined safe to do so. However, the thread still displayed on our non-vb page causing my alarm. After looking in the database, the thread which was soft-deleted and later hard-deleted, was still inside the db. There was no visible evidence of the thread in our forums, only the database.

I just fixed the problem by selectively pruning that one thread. What is the deal here?

Is there a pattern here I should know about, a bug, or is the order of what I did the problem?

Is there a timer or scheduled task I need to know about to make these physical hard-delete happen immediately?

Please learn me!

Thank you

If the thread was hard deleted, then it would have been removed from the database immediately. There is no scheduled task for this.

I can't think of any reason for this to happen on an unhacked forum. In fact I just tried this myself on an unhacked 3.0.7 test forum and could not duplicate this problem. I hard deleted a thread that had already been soft-deleted earlier, and when I check the database the thread was gone.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      If the thread was hard deleted, then it would have been removed from the database immediately. There is no scheduled task for this.

I can't think of any reason for this to happen on an unhacked forum. In fact I just tried this myself on an unhacked 3.0.7 test forum and could not duplicate this problem. I hard deleted a thread that had already been soft-deleted earlier, and when I check the database the thread was gone.
      Steve,

Thank you for reaffirming. I will test this again and followup with you. This time I will create the post and then hard-delete within minutes and not weeks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X