Search Results with deleted forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Results with deleted forums

I have a question - I have 3 old forums that are no longer open yet the threads in those forums show up in search results. If I delete those forums, will the threads no longer show up in search results, or will they show up as broken links? Will I have to rebuild the search index after deleting forums?

If you deny all access to those forums then their threads shouldn't show up in any search results:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      If you deny all access to those forums then their threads shouldn't show up in any search results:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions
      How about specific threads in other forums that will remain open? Will those require the search to be reindexed?

Comment

If the forum was previously not indexed:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Index New Posts in Search Engine

...and you changed it to be indexed, then you will need to rebuild the index.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          If the forum was previously not indexed:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Index New Posts in Search Engine

...and you changed it to be indexed, then you will need to rebuild the index.
          Okay, but if the forum is already indexed, and you delete some threads from that forum, will those threads still show up in search results? I'm assuming they wouldn't, but I want to check just in case. Also, what if you did a mass delete, removing threads in a forum older than XX days - would the threads be removed from search results as well?

Comment

Assuming you delete the thread via the Admin CP or forum options (and not the directly in the db) then the index should update to reflect this.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
            X