Problem with private messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with private messages

Okay, this is my first problem I'm having here so I'm begging for help please.

My problem is with the private message system. When I've recieved a new PM from a user, I went to read it and it still shows as unread "Private Messages: 1 Unread, Total 12." But when selecting the messages and marking them as read (using the drop-down list at the bottom) it works fine. So this means that when you've read a PM message, it doesn't update to as a "read" message automatically. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by fusioncreations; Thu 31 Mar '05, 7:19am. Reason: Made a spelling mistake
    Regards,
    -fusioncreations

RPGInsider | RPGInsider Forums

Looks like no one is willing to help me.
    Regards,
    -fusioncreations

Comment

You probably applied changes to the code that would cause this to happen. It doesn't occur with default files.

Comment

Yes, I know. Is there a fix for this though? Or should I submit a ticket so I can get a respond faster?
        Regards,
        -fusioncreations

Comment

We cannot provide support for hacked forums. The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

Yeah what actually happened was we paid someone to install vb for us, we thought they did a good job but then we where notifed we where running an illegit version of vb... so I'm assuming he took our 200.00 we gave him to purchase the software and disappeared. We just bought a full license and we are trying to not lose the the first few weeks of user input that we've had. Is there anyway we can switch to our legal version of VB without losing the db content or do we need to do a clean install to ensure everything is legal and running properly?
            Regards,
            -fusioncreations

Comment

Which version of vB are you running?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am running the latest version, 3.0.7 sir.
                Regards,
                -fusioncreations

Comment

To get support you will need to remove any hacks and reupload the original vB 3.0.7 files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I have already reuploaded the original vB files so I don't think a mod have caused this problem. Because when I was running the illegal vB, I had the problem at that time.
                    Regards,
                    -fusioncreations

Comment

Did you do everything is post #5? If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sales Request - Posted

Thank you for posting a sales request with the vBulletin issue system. You have been emailed details about how you can view the replies to your query.

You will receive an email notification when a support rep replies to your issue.

Thanks,

vBulletin Support
                        Okay, I've submitted a ticket Steve. I followed your instructions and coudn't get it solved yet so maybe you can fix it up. Check my support ticket post, I have included every info that you need to know although I do not have cPanel. It is http://discountasp.net/index.aspx.

Edit: Steve, once you got it fixed, please gimme a board PM or just post in this thread because I rarely check my e-mail.

Thanks!
                        Last edited by fusioncreations; Mon 4 Apr '05, 4:52am.
                        Regards,
                        -fusioncreations

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X