Member list search is backwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member list search is backwards

I find if I search the member list and I want a user that has (hotmail) AND a user that has (yahoo) I will only get a user that has both in their fields.

That is backwards inverted or whatever.
    I have added custom fields of race. Asian, Black, Indian, Latino etc.

When I search for Asian and Indian it will only bring back a person who is both asian and indian. Weird. Can some one give me a fix (I call it a fix becuase that is not a proper search) or does the serach have boolean commands or something I didnt know about?

"or"

Comment

Shame there isnt a minimum character limit in posting.

What does your response mean exactly?

Comment

He means user 'or' instead of 'and'.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm talking about the memberlist.php?do=search
          Where do you get and & or from this? can you be a bit more specific please. I am using the default advanced search.
          Last edited by John Campbell; Wed 30 Mar '05, 7:26pm.

Comment

You've already tried 'and' in your search and according to you it worked. We are now suggesting you try 'or'. I'm not sure what else you need to know.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

when I say and & or I am talking about clicking on radio button a and radio button b
              there is no place to put the actual word or & and into.

>sigh< Look I am asking a question if its annoying just say so. Maybe I am getting the vibe wrong from the text but I am just asking from the search this is what I get. This is a clean unhacked board I am talking about you do not have options to enter any words on the Members List - Advanced Search.

Comment

That is the way the memberlist search works. To achieve what you want, an option would need to be added that allowed you to specify if the search was an AND or OR search.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                  That is the way the memberlist search works. To achieve what you want, an option would need to be added that allowed you to specify if the search was an AND or OR search.
                  ok well you guys are going to drag it on... lol ok.
                  how do I do that?

Comment

thanks...

Comment

John, you need to ask that over at vbulletin.org.

Best of luck in your research.

Comment

Its ok.

No thanks. I had to go independant. Its a shame though. vb is really good software but that .org site

Comment