Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cphillips
    replied
    I am having a similar problem, I agree this should be added to the new release.

I have 3 forums for 3 products we sell and when a customer posts a message, I would like all of the other customers registered for that forum recieve an email notification.

Thanks!!

cphillips

Leave a comment:

• mroulston
    replied
    Thank you very much for the info, Mogli.

Leave a comment:

• mogli
    replied
    There was a similar thread at vbulletin.org which points the way to a quick-and-dirty database hack:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78212
    which started with this vbulletin.com thread:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133161

This seems to be coming up a lot - maybe it'll get added to the list of stuff being considered for future releases.
    Last edited by mogli; Mon 28 Mar '05, 11:44am.

Leave a comment:

• mroulston
    replied
    Thanks, Steve. So there is no easier way to subscribe all users to a forum than to just manually add their email addresses into that input box? I'm thinking that this is going to be extremely cumbersome as the number of user accounts in our forum grows.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You can only have 250 characters in the field by default. You would need to manually edit this ffield in the database and change it to 'mediumtext'.

Leave a comment:

• mroulston
    started a topic Subscribe all users to a particular forum

Subscribe all users to a particular forum

I am trying to subscribe all users to a particular forum... i.e. We want everyone with a user account to be emailed when there is a new post in one of our forums. I had started doing this manually by adding everyone's email address to the "Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post", but something that I've noticed is that it only allows 250 characters in that input box, whenever I add more e-mails and save it, those e-mails don't get saved since there is already 250 characters in the box.

Is there a better way to set this up?
    Last edited by mroulston; Mon 28 Mar '05, 10:59am.