Invoking the login page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nxtek
    What I'm looking for is a way to *invoke* that login form from an external script, then have it redirect back to a specific URL after the user logs in. I still don't see any way to do that.
    That is what the thread author has done, by denying access to the calendar and linking to it. That works.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      That is what the thread author has done, by denying access to the calendar and linking to it. That works.
      I am the thread author. I did that just as an example of what login page I'd like to invoke. Again, this would be coming from a non-vB page, and then redirecting to a non-vB page. All I want to accomplish is to make sure people are logged in on pages outside vB.
      NxTek Solutions Inc
      Award-winning Hosting, Development, and Ecommerce Solutions
      www.nxtek.net

Comment

Ok, I am still not sure what you are asking. I think I have covered all possible answers to questions about invoking a login page.

Comment

Ok, I have a directory structure like this -

/forums
          /ads
          /games
          /faqs
          /blog
          and so on.

I want to use vB security throughout my entire site, even outside the actual /forums dir.

If you would go to /blog/blog.php for example, a piece of code would detect whether the visitor is logged in or not.

If so, display the page normally.

If not, redirect them to the exact same login screen that's invoked when you go to http://www.onlinepokerlistings.com/forums/calendar.php.

Ok, after logging in, the visitor would be directed back to /blog/blog.php.

It would work exactly the same as normally requiring a login to see a vB page, but in this case it's outside of vB.

I hope that explains it better. If not please let me know. Thanks!
          NxTek Solutions Inc
          www.nxtek.net

Comment

Integrating vBulletin's login system with external scripts would require custom code. You will have better luck posting on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

Are you sure? I would think I could just use the same code that detects if a visitor is logged in or not on pages that require it.
              NxTek Solutions Inc
              www.nxtek.net

Comment

vBulletin uses PHP code in the files to read the session of the user via the URL or cookie to authenticate and login the user on each page load. If you integrate your external scripts with vBulletin's files, or if you read vBulletin's cookie and authenticate with vBulletin's session table, then you can make it work. But this is all custom stuff.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X