Better Forum Manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Forum Manager?

Hi Guys, I just upgraded to vb3 (click sig if you wanna check it out) and I'm wanting to move the forums around, delete some, shuffle some etc. Now, is it my imagination or was this heaps easier with vb2? I don't remember the forum manager being as... well... "simple" as it is. I run a gaming network and help many people set up and maintain phpbb sites because they don't want to shell out for vB, but I wouldn't run phpbb myself... because... I'm a vB fanboy Anyways, if any of you have seen the admin panel of a phpbb forum, their forum manager is quite lovely. So in short, is there any way that I can get this:

to look a little more like this:

obviously not just look, but function like it. I don't want to be a negative nancy, but the vB forum manager kinda sucks I mean, I'm sure the team have been working on other things like "stability and security" unlike some other forum software that was hit by a worm Any ideas? If you can point me to a mod or... anything, that would be great
    Attached Files
    LANX - Ballarat Gaming Community

the phpBB design is a really nice layout and organization. However, one of the big limitations of it is if people have more than 3 levels of forums (and there are quite a few of them), it becomes a chore to find the forums, while scrolling as well.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Right on man, I agree that phpbb is quite jumbo in nature, all I'm looking for is something that's not it a drop down, like phpbb's, but without the bloat, I like the way vb3 uses it's fancy pants pop up menus, you could simply have some of the options in them. I could design it, and do all the templates, I just need someone do to that horrible crap in the back end (yes, im the "designer" half of our web team)

edit: Was the vb2 one like phpbb's? I honestly can't remember, but I don't remember it being so... like it is.

Comment

Admin Control Panel Options > Forum Manager > Set to Default or Collapseable
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

AHH! AWESOME! You beauty mate!!! Cheers for that! *non gay hug*

I knew that's what it used to look like, lovely! What a silly default setting though! I like to visualize
          Last edited by kyzen; Sun 27th Mar '05, 2:50am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X