Refresh problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh problems...

My members are complaining that threads are not being marked read after they view them, they have to manually click on refresh on their broswer for it to show as read.

What setting(s) control the refresh aspect of the forum? This way when they click back on their browser the thread they just viewed is now marked as read.

-Michael
    Debt-Made-Easy.com: Get out and stay out of debt.

The vB read system is session-based. For some reason my users never have problems with this, but your complaint is not unusual. The Devs are considering a major change to how this works for future versions. You can read about this in the 'Under Consideration' sub-forum:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104491
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I just thought it was odd because it was working just fine for the longest time then around the time I upgraded to 3.0.7 from 3.0.1 this started happening.

At least I know my server isn't broken - and I'll keep the eye out for any kind of fixes you guys may put out, my members will too

-Michael
      Debt-Made-Easy.com: Get out and stay out of debt.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X