Deleting a thread with attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting a thread with attachments

A member of mine deleted a tread with attachments and now cannot re-upload the same pictures. Shouldnt the attachments get delted at the same time as the thread? How can I go and delte these picturs for him?

Yes it should have. Have him try renaming the file.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Yes it should have. Have him try renaming the file.
      When he did that, VB detected the file as being a duplicate.

Comment

Then it would appear that attachment was never removed. You'll need to manually locate this attachment in the db and remove it.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I found the pictures he was trying to upload in the attachment manager. When I went to view the thread they were in, that post was deleted by the user. I permanetly deleted the post and could no longer find the pictures. So if you soft delete a post with pictures, you can upload the same pictures again.

Comment

If a user soft deletes a post then the attachments are still in the database. Changing the filename won't get around it as a hash of the filedata is matched.

Comment

What I meant to type was

Originally posted by 0ptima
              So if you soft delete a post with pictures, you cant upload the same pictures again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X