X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michele3
    replied
    Hi Steve-
    Just wanted to let you know that I did as you suggested and got a new host- uploaded vbulletin with NO problems and everything is working great! Thanks so much for your help!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If it were me, I'd get away from that host as fast as I could.

Leave a comment:

• Michele3
    replied
    It's that one that I see posted all the time here, but I can't seem to find it again... the one that says "Cannot connect to database because you don't have permission, check your config.php files" in big red letters.

And I received a call back from my host- they are not planning on upgrading until "later this year". How ridiculous! Hopefully, I won't have to go through this when I get a new host- because honestly- I am doubtful that they even gave me the right information because their answers changed several times! *sigh*

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What's the exact error message?

Leave a comment:

• Michele3
    replied
    Thank you Steve. I was thinking along the same lines. I don't know what to do now, I can't get vB to install anyway, I keep getting that message telling me that something is wrong in my config.php file and I have gone over it with several tech people. This is so frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    vB will run with that version of MySQL. However I would seriously doubt the competence and commitment of a host that runs that old a version of MySQL and has to be cajoled to upgrade. There really is no excuse for this.

Leave a comment:

• Michele3
    started a topic MySQL version not compatible with VB?

MySQL version not compatible with VB?

Hi, I just got hosted with the company that has satisfactorily provided my DSL service for over a year. Two days later I bought Vbulletin v3.07. I have not been able to get it installed- and just found out today that they are running version 3.23.58 of MYSQL and I understand the requirements are version 4 or better, is that correct? In that case, I have asked if they can upgrade- it's free, right? and they said they "don't normally do that" but I have to wait 24 hours for them to decide if they'll do it or not.

My question is- is this unreasonable on their part? What options do I have? I paid set up fees for all of this, and it would be a waste to have to change hosts. Any info would be very much appreciated. Thank you.