Forum (# Viewing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum (# Viewing)

I've searched everywhere and no one has gotten an answer for this question so I thought I'd give it try.

How do you turn this setting on/off?

It's on for the newest forum that I just added and off for all others. I can find this setting nowhere, the manual says nothing, and my searching gave me no answer.

vb options > forumdisplay options > show users browsing forum to 'no'

is that what you meant?

Comment

No. On the main index only 1 forum, the one I just made today, shows how many people are viewing.

http://www.tenstones.net/forums

The Helbreath forum is the only one that shows how many users are viewing that forum.

Comment

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Display Logged in Users?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That removes it, but also removes most of the who's online info.

Comment

Then the only other option without hacking is to edit the forumhome_forumbit_level1_post and forumhome_forumbit_level2_post templates and remove the $vbphrase[x_viewing] section.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How can that be? It only shows up on 1 forum out of 12.

I attached a screenshot.
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't know. What's the URL? That loooks like a phpBB forum to me.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

http://www.tenstones.net/forums

I moded the style of subSilver.

Comment

Sorry to jump in here but I checked my site and I too seem to have this issue. I set the;

vb options > Forumdisplay Options > Show users browsing forum to 'no'

and I still see (n Viewing) afer the forum category name...??
                    John

Comment

It's:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Display Logged in Users?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That doesn't make sense though, that removes it from all of the forums and the who's online info.

The only forum that shows how many people are viewing is the one I just made recently.

Comment

Originally posted by LordSoth
                          How can that be? It only shows up on 1 forum out of 12.
                          Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it.

Now repeat the template edits mentions in post #6. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi men..i have this prob too.
                            I've imported my old 2.35 vbullet into 3.07 vbullet a few months ago...Sincerly i didn't notice this features until today i created 2 new sections that begins to display (X Viewing).
                            Now i try everything...change style, edit templates...but ONLY new section or ONLY the section created AFTER the import (makes with IMPEX) display this feature.
                            So please fix this bug if it's possible or help me to resolve this annoying bug.
                            Thx for your attention.

Ivan

Comment

Please start a new thread with all the relevant info. Also I couldn't understand what you wrote here so try to be more clear so we can help.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X