Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Again, use the example in the docs. However both are correct and will work.

Leave a comment:

• indie
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup
    This has -Q

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...09&postcount=7
    This one does not have -Q

Just wondering whic is correct? Thanks again for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Use the example in the docs.

Leave a comment:

• indie
    replied
    OK thanks.

So, do we need the -Q in the command? I've seen instructions on this forum with it (in the vb manual) and other support techs have left it out in their posts, so not sure.

mysqldump --opt -Q -h serverurl -u username -p dbname > domain.com/backup/name.sql

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Neocorteqz
    replied
    Originally posted by indie
    OK, I watched the putty window, and yes, it returns to the prompt when it completes.

The prompt is a dollar sign.
    $
    And I enter the command after the dollar sign, and then it asks for the password, and when it completes (a few seconds later) the dollar sign returns, so I assume this is correct.

Now, can someone comment on my previous post? Thanks a lot!
    from man mysqldump

-Q|--quote-names
    Quote table and column names with รข
    and yes that is a correct prompt if you are logged in as Root. # prompt is for users, $ is for root. Unless of course i have that backwards.

Leave a comment:

• indie
    replied
    OK, I watched the putty window, and yes, it returns to the prompt when it completes.

The prompt is a dollar sign.
    $
    And I enter the command after the dollar sign, and then it asks for the password, and when it completes (a few seconds later) the dollar sign returns, so I assume this is correct.

Now, can someone comment on my previous post? Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• indie
    replied
    Anyway to tell if it's complete?

The first line starts with:-- MySQL dump
    And the last line is username tables, and ends with: ;UNLOCK TABLES; /*!40000 ALTER TABLE `word` ENABLE KEYS */;

Also, what is the -Q for in the command. I was told I don't need it, and have seen it used, and not used in some posts.

Thanks!
    Last edited by indie; Mon 21 Mar '05, 9:49pm.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    The only way you should be immediately returned to an O/S prompt is if you add the "&" at the end of the command.

Leave a comment:

• indie
    replied
    Maybe the prompt is different with each host, and I'm currently on a shared plan, so maybe it's different?

I dont see the folders and files like I do with ftp. All I see is the prompt, and I enter the code, and it creates the file.

Maybe that's how it's done using my host?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• indie
    replied
    It hasn't been doing that for me. The window stays the same. I just give it enough time and then close it.

I am following everything, so I don't know why it would be different.

I connect, and enter password.

Then I enter:
    mysqldump --opt -Q -h serverurl -u username -p dbname > domain.com/backup/name.sql

Then, it says "password" and I enter it. Then, I get the green cusror, and the file is made, but nothing else happens in putty.

I am using these instructions, and here, it doesn't say anything about the cusror.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup
    Last edited by indie; Mon 21 Mar '05, 6:32pm.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    it should look like

[[email protected] root]./db_backup.sh

then hang and once its done you'll get a new line with
    [[email protected] root]

Leave a comment:

• indie
    replied
    For me, it goes to the command prompt after pushing enter, when you start the job. Is that normal?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You should be returned to the command prompt when it's done.

Leave a comment:

• indie
    started a topic putty.exe

putty.exe

When backing up with Putty, how do you know when it's finished, it doesn't tell you anything.

I look at the sql file in the root folder, and when the size stops growing, I know it's done, but shouldn't putty tell you something?

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X